Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The Faces of OLS: Vlad

Vlad (2nd from left) and members of his Webelo den as they
crossed over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts last month.

This week we're pleased to introduce another OLS student, 5th grader Vlad. His teacher, Mrs. Siekerman, remarks that he is very witty and understands complex ideas from stories. She also notes that his interests are far-ranging, including his current reading selection: a book about the stock market.

What is your favorite part of your school day? "Recess is my favorite part of the day."

What is your favorite subject in school? "Mathematics."

What is something you've learned this year that surprised you? "That radio waves bounce off an atmospheric layer in order to get to you, due to the curvature of the earth."

Vlad works on shaping a clay pot in art class.

What is your biggest challenge at school? "Spelling, it’s got to be spelling."

What sports do you play at OLS? Do you participate in other extracurricular activities at school? "I played basketball and am in band and Boy scouts."

Why do you love OLS? "The people here are nice."

What do you want to be when you grow up? "A statistician."

What do you like to do when you're not at school? "Ride my bike, play games and work on projects."

Vlad and his family

Who are the people in your family? "My Father, my Mother, my brother Levi and my Grandma."

Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you? "I have started my own business and one day I’ll be a benevolent leader."

No comments:

Post a Comment