Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Faces of OLS: Grace

This week it is our pleasure to introduce another fine OLS student, 7th grader Grace. Her teacher, Mrs. Ryan, notes that "Grace's quiet leadership and gentle demeanor brightens the 7th grade classroom every day. Each morning, her friendly smile greets classmates and teachers alike, her positive attitude uplifting everyone she meets. Don't let her shy ways fool you, though! Grace is a busy student with many responsibilities; she is an Ambassador, plays the flute in band, and takes Honors Math and English classes. In addition, her outside activities include sports and Girl Scouts. Just try to catch up with her - you might get a glimpse of her long golden braid as she takes off!"

Grace and her classmates tackle an English assignment.

What is your favorite part of your school day?  "I enjoy every part because I enjoy learning new things."

What is your favorite subject in school?  "Social Studies."

What is something you've learned this year that surprised you?  "When I dissected a pig eye, I thought I would be grossed out, but instead I found it very interesting."

What is your biggest challenge at school?  "Math."

Grace (right) and other members of the OLS Concert Band
after this year's Christmas Concert.

What, if any, sports do you play at OLS? Do you participate in other extracurricular activities at school?  "I play soccer, volleyball, basketball, and softball. I'm a school ambassador, I play flute in the school band, and I am a server."

Why do you love OLS?  "Because we have great teachers and they make learning fun."

What do you want to be when you grow up?  "A veterinarian."

Grace (right) with her siblings, who are proud OLS alums.

What do you like to do when you're not at school?  "Babysit, hang out with my friends, and play sports."

Who are the people in your family?  "Mom, Dad, my sister Lillian, and my brother Evan."

Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you?  "I love going to the beach and relaxing."

No comments:

Post a Comment