Monday, September 22, 2014

Prayers for the Global Community


At OLS, we teach our students to think in interdisciplinary ways across subject boundaries.  Mrs. Eldridge does this with our sixth graders by combining religion, geography, and current events.  Each day, her students begin religion class by praying the Memorare for people in regions of the world that are especially in need of our prayers.

Two 6th graders pinpoint hot spots on the world map, pointing out areas in need of our prayers.


The Memorare:
Remember, O most gracious virgin Mary, never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O virgin of virgins, my mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the word incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me.


No comments:

Post a Comment